Monday, July 18, 2011
I'm Back and Still Potty Training
Hey Everyone! I'm back from my vacation. Hope everyone had a great week last week. Potty training went as good as to be expected. Before we started we all went out together (my husband, my 4 yr. old daughter, me and my 2 yr. old son) and bought big boy underwear, cute potty books, and a sticker chart. We wanted to make it a huge exciting deal. This is what worked with my daughter so we thought why not with our son. The first 3 days was overwhelming for everyone. I put my son in big boy underwear and he had accidents all day long for 3 days straight. I was worried that he would not get the idea that he needed to use the potty instead of peeing in his underwear. My husband was a big help and we stayed supported and encouraged our son to keep himself dry. By the 4th day I decided to put him back in pull-ups. I thought he may not be quite ready yet for underwear but as soon as I did that he hasn't had an accident since (go figure). The only problem we're having now is he gets scared when he needs to poo. He doesn't want to poo in his pull-ups but he doesn't want to poo in the potty either. I feel so bad for the little guy. He cries and tells me that he needs to potty but when we get to the potty he freaks out and tells me he's all done. We do this for about 3-4 hours until he can't hold it in any longer then he finally uses the potty. Poor little guy! I know he'll get past this but he is doing really good and we are very proud of him!